When a user attempts to log in or start an Xbox application on his console, the 0x8027025a (8027025a) error code appears. Users with mostly Xbox One models have encountered this problem.
If the application takes a long time to start, as shown in step 5 of my preceding section, and if you remove the -extension parameter from your query’s URL (as we learned in step 2), you might experience this issue: “The request cannot be found.” If so, go back to step 1 and try again.
Besides technical issues, this error notice is one of the most critical problems affecting Xbox users since it prevents the system from performing its basic tasks (such as opening any program). As a result, resolving this error code should be our top priority.
Before we can fix it, though, we must first delve into the ‘0x8027025a’ error code’s nitty-gritty. So let us get straight to business.
- 1 Error Code ‘0x8027025a’ Affects Tracked Movement, Mapping & Motion Sensors
- 2 What Is the Xbox Error Code 0x8027025a, and How Should I Fix It?
- 3 How to Repair 0x8027025a Code Error
- 3.1 Prerequisite 1: Checking Your Internet Connection
- 3.2 Prerequisite 2: Checking the Status of My Xbox Live Account
- 3.3 Prerequisite 3: Using Another Account
- 3.4 Solution 1: Clearing the Available Space
- 3.5 Solution 2: To reset the console, select ‘Keep my games and apps.’
- 3.6 Solution 3: Power-Cycling the Console
- 3.7 Solution 4: Clearing a User’s Alternate MAC Address and Restarting
- 3.8 Solution 5: Updating the Xbox OS Version
- 4 Conclusion
Error Code ‘0x8027025a’ Affects Tracked Movement, Mapping & Motion Sensors
Aside from the examples provided, this error code may be used in a variety of different scenarios.
- When the Xbox is switched on, users are greeted with the error code “0x8027025a,” which is followed by a notice that reads, “Home has taken too long to start.” However, when users choose the option labeled “Close” in the error message, the screen blacks out for 10-15 seconds and give back the same
- In some situations, this error code may also appear while playing Call of Duty, Fortnite, or Apex Legends. As a result, the console will not open anything other than Netflix after numerous restarts (play). The following error notice is given in return:
- Users have reported a delayed Xbox One S for a few days in some circumstances. However, once the console has returned to normal performance, users encounter the error code “0x8027025a” when opening any program.
- This problem code has been most frequently reported with the NBA 2K video game. They have mentioned the following difficulty in that scenario:
- After updating their Xbox One, some users have received the error code “0x8027025a.”
- Users have reported that their Xbox One computer takes a long time to power on and eventually displays the following error message:
- The error code “0x8027025a” might appear when using the Mafia: Definitive Edition game. However, in this situation, only one Xbox account is affected by the error code, while everything is working correctly on the other account.
What Is the Xbox Error Code 0x8027025a, and How Should I Fix It?
You’ve seen the most frequent applications for Xbox error code 0x8027025a so far. So let’s look at the most common causes of this error code now.
- The first reason for the error code 0x8027025a Xbox series might be some temporary issue with the Xbox Live service. This prevents people from opening any Xbox app or signing in to their accounts.
- If you receive a 514 error code while adding a user to your Group Policy object, the problem may be with your user profile.
- Sometimes when you are playing an Xbox game, it takes a while for the game to load. This might be because the computer is having trouble loading the game. If this happens, you can get an error code, but there would not be one if not.
- The error code 0x15 might appear when a PlayStation 4 system runs on any operating system version that Sony no longer supports.
How to Repair 0x8027025a Code Error
There are several techniques to address this error code. However, each method varies depending on the use case. As a result, we’ll go through all of them with their associated requirements.
Prerequisite 1: Checking Your Internet Connection
Certain streaming services, such as Xbox, have specific internet requirements. So, before exploring solutions to this error code, ensure that your internet connection satisfies the network standards of Xbox by reading a comprehensive guide on checking your internet connection’s status. The first reason is that the internet connection is offline. The second reason is that it’s better to connect via an ethernet cable (wired connection) rather than using Wi-Fi.
If your internet connection is working correctly, proceed to the following requirement.
Read More : VR headset is compatible with Xbox One
Read More : Easy Ways to Get PSN Codes in 2021
Prerequisite 2: Checking the Status of My Xbox Live Account
This is another one of those errors that you might get if your Xbox Live service is down. If this is the case, you have little choice but to wait for Microsoft to resolve the problem. Because Xbox manages service updates regularly. You can also check the Xbox Live status in the meantime.
If the services are functioning well in your area, your Xbox Live Status will appear as follows:
Prerequisite 3: Using Another Account
A user profile problem may also cause this error code. As a result, before attempting any complicated remedies, you might want to establish a new account (user profile) and use it on the same console to see if this resolves the ‘0x8027025a’ error code.’ If that doesn’t work, then the most common repairs for this error code are listed below.
Solution 1: Clearing the Available Space
If your game/app takes a long time to load or throws you out to the “Home” after some time, displaying the error code “0x8027025a,” your console will probably believe the game is unplayable during this simulated download. As a result, clearing out any ready space will solve this problem.
- To begin, you must go to the game’s icon that is causing the problem.
- You can turn off your system’s auto-shutoff timer by pressing the ‘Xbox’ button on the controller while you’re playing.
- You’ll find the “Manage game” option from the menu.
- When you’re ready to play your game, press the SHARE button on the XBOX ONE controller. The console will take you to a new window where you’ll select “Saved data.”
- At any moment, press the B button and the ‘A’ button simultaneously to reserve your space. Then choose a layout by pressing the ‘B’ button on your controller.
- You’ll confirm the action by checking the “Clear reserved space” box in the window below.
Hopefully, this fix will resolve the 0x8027025a error on your Xbox device. However, if this didn’t work for you, check out the following options.
Solution 2: To reset the console, select ‘Keep my games and apps.’
There is a soft reset option if the above technique doesn’t work for you or if your Xbox console displays the “0x8027025a” error code after upgrading its OS.
- To begin, you’ll press the “Xbox” button on your controller to launch the guide.
- Select ‘Settings’ in the menu.
- After that, you’ll choose the “System” option.
- You may access the ‘Settings’ screen’ by pressing the ‘System’ button. The ‘Console info’ option will be selected under the ‘System’ settings option.
- Go to the ‘Console info’ menu to access the reset choices and select ‘Reset console.’ Selecting this option will display the reset options on the screen.
- There will be four buttons assigned to the controller: one for resetting and three for performing different operations. The “Reset and keep my games & apps” option is the best because it’s a soft reset.
This method works for most people, and we hope it will benefit you as well. If it didn’t work, try the next one.
Solution 3: Power-Cycling the Console
If your application or game takes too long to load and you see the “0x8027025a” error on your console after a while, power-cycle it.If the soft reset fails, you can still use the power-cycle approach. So, follow these steps to see if they work.
- To begin, press the ‘Power” button on your console to turn it off.
- Finally, you’ll turn off your gaming system’s power supply for 10-30 seconds.
- After 10-30 seconds, you’ll re-plug the console and turn it back on.
When your computer is defective or experiencing problems, you can reset it by using the power-cycle option. The procedure of resetting a system refresh is also known as “power cycling,” and if this technique has fixed the error code “0x8027025a” for you, then enjoy your gaming. Otherwise, try the following remedy.
Read more : How can I fix Error 0x80080008 in Windows?
Solution 4: Clearing a User’s Alternate MAC Address and Restarting
If the error code is so significant in your case that you’ve been unable to sign in to your Xbox console or apps/games are taking too long to start, and you’re getting the dreaded “0x8027025a,” you can reset the alternate MAC address and restart the device. Follow these steps if it doesn’t work.
- To begin, press the ‘Xbox’ button on your controller to launch the Xbox guide page.
- Then, you’ll select the “Settings” or “All settings” option.
- After you’ve done this, go to the “Network” option and press the “A” key on your Xbox controller to access it.
- Then, you’ll choose the ‘Network settings’ option inside the Network window.
- Now, you’ll enter the ‘Advanced settings option
- Inside the new window, you’ll select the ‘Alternate MAC address’ option.
- You will select the ‘Clear’ option to clear your Alternate MAC address settings in this window.
- When you turn on your console for the first time, it will ask you to restart it. As a result, you’ll select the “Restart” option.
Solution 5: Updating the Xbox OS Version
How to Resolve Issues with Cortana on Your Console
If your Xbox console takes a long time to boot up and subsequently gives the error code “0x8027025a,” it’s possible that an old operating system version is to blame. So, follow these methods.
- First, follow the first two steps in Solution # 4 to access the “All settings” window.
- Then, you’ll choose the ‘System’ option.
- In the ‘System’ settings, you’ll select ‘Console info,’ and you may view your operating system’s version in the second row.
- According to Microsoft (as of August 2021), the following versions are currently available for the Xbox One:
- If the following numbers aren’t corresponding to your operating system, you may have an out-of-date OS. As a result, we propose that you upgrade your Xbox to the most recent version.
- So, to modify, go to the “System” option in your Settings menu and choose “Updates & downloads.”
- Then, on the next screen, you’ll choose the option for “Latest console update status.” It will take some time to complete, and then your OS will be updated to the most recent version.
- However, if the update does not work, you will have to install it via USB.
Hopefully, following all of the procedures has fixed the Xbox error code’ 0x8027025a.’ If this does not work for you, go to the ‘Conclusion’ section.
The problem is either in the game or your console’s hardware if none of those above suggestions work for you.
If you have other people who also have the game working for them, you might need to fix your console. If they do not have the fun and it works, the problem is in the game itself.