This error blocks people from checking out any new OS updates. In addition, this issue can hinder the downloading of the most recent updates, and some reports suggest that this issue may be due to a failure of Windows Update or with a server running 2016.
This feature update for Windows 10 can be corrected by disabling your antivirus tools or manually downloading the update. If the issue is specific to Windows OS version 1903 – error code is 0x80080008, it could be a Windows Server 2016 issue in particular. If that is the case, you have to follow a few steps, alter settings, change preferences for Windows Server. Windows Server as well.
The error code 0x80080008 was mentioned by customers [1 in the past. It also stands for CO_E_SERVER_STOPPING, so you might see various error messages when the issue occurs.
Windows 10 Anniversary Update has shaken the entire Windows community. The massive update offered a lot of new features and innovations. However, forums on the Internet are filled with customers’ complaints about various issues after installing the Windows 10 Anniversary update. [22
We’ve already discussed the 0xc1900101 error – 0x4000d Err, 3219 Error, 0x8DE00005 Error and a few others. It seems, however, that the amount of Windows 10 errors increases every day, so do not be stunned when you come across one on your own.
A pop-up window appears and displays “Updates cannot be found. Error code 0x80080008.” when users attempt to download Updates for their Windows 10 device. In some instances, the system will execute the command and shows an update list. But, if a user tries to install the update, it will crash and displays the error code.  The code specifically could indicate problems and the issues of the cause, and so you’ll determine the best way to fix version 1903 – error code 0x80080008.
Luckily, the root cause for the error code 0x80080008 is already known, and solutions have been implemented. However, for a better understanding, it is that your computer can run Windows 10 Anniversary Update directly due to some incompatibilities in the system. So, the best solution to Error 0x80080008 is to modify specific settings and then examine compatibility issues. This error is caused by the Wups2.dll file included in the latest version of Windows Update, not installed incorrectly.
- 1 What is the meaning of 0x80080008?
- 2 What is the reason the Windows Update is failing?
- 3 What is the reason? Windows 10 is not working correctly?
- 4 How can I fix Error 0x80080008 in Windows?
- 5 It restarts Windows Update Services to fix Update Error 0x80080008
- 6 Repair your Errors Automatically
What is the meaning of 0x80080008?
Windows Downloads Home Windows downloads Security Office General News Reviews About How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80080008 If there’s a problem with Windows Update files, you might receive an error 0x80080008 message when trying to download Windows Updates by using Microsoft install updates. In Windows 11/10/8 7.
Windows Update failed. The Update Error 0x80080008 may cause the update to cease functioning. It is possible to solve this issue by turning off your third-party antivirus. However, the best solution is to download updates manually.
What is the reason the Windows Update is failing?
When you run the Windows Update troubleshooter, the issue may be fixed temporarily and then resume after a restart with an error message like “Service registration is missing or corrupt”. There’s the possibility that your system’s files have been corrupted or deleted recently, and this causes Windows Update to fail. Older drivers. Drivers are required to manage devices that aren’t natively compatible with Windows 10 compatibility such as networking cards, graphic cards, etc.
What is the reason? Windows 10 is not working correctly?
Verify that you’ve been upgraded to Windows 10 update error (see above, 2). Install and launch the Windows Update Troubleshooter if you’re having problems, then restart and try updating again. Then reboot, start Windows Update, and click to check for updates.
How can I fix Error 0x80080008 in Windows?
Most often, issues like 0x80080008 can be caused by registry issues, software/hardware compatibility issues, or similar problems. Thus, before making any repairs manually, it is advised to install Re image or an alternative computer optimization program and run a complete scan using it. In this instance, we would also suggest using this program and attempting to fix the Update Error 0x80080008 immediately. If PC optimization could not help you deal with the error, you can reset your computer.
- Go through Settings Go to Settings update and security Go to Settings – Update and Security The Recovery.
- Locate Reset this computer and click the Start button beneath it.
- Restart the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) Solution
- Be sure to check the box “Keep my files” within the Select one of the options box, as otherwise your files could be deleted or erased.
- Following that, it will reset the Windows system will restart the OS in a sequence.
- Once the factory settings are restored, and the factory settings are fixed, the system will ask users to enter their email address, username, and password. Be sure to type the correct information.
- Then, navigate to the Settings menu, select Update, and Security, and click on Windows Update and check on Updates.
- If you do, Windows will search for all available updates and present an overview of the updates available to you to choose from.
- Click to run the updates and then wait until the process is completed.
Note: Don’t forget to select to keep my files within the Select one of the boxes when you reset your OS. Resetting your PC transforms it back to default settings, which means the files you have stored will all be erased unless you have a reason to keep the files.
It restarts Windows Update Services to fix Update Error 0x80080008
- Start the Command Prompt as administrator.
- Run these commands in Command Prompt
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
Net Stop Bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net beginning bits
net start msiserver
Perform SFC as well as DISM scans to correct version 1803 error code 0x80080008.
* Open the Command Prompt with Administrator rights
* Type SFC/Scannow.
* The scan detects and corrects the issue automatically.
* Now rerun command prompt, and then enter DISM.exe Online /Cleanup /Restorehealth.
Method 2: Re-registering Wups2.dll
We’ll provide solutions to this problem for users of Windows 10 PC and then Mobile. Registering Wups2.dll, restarting the Windows Update service, and enabling auto-updates are ways to solve this problem.
Wups2.dll is the faulting module for this error. Re-registering it should fix the issue. Launch the command prompt with elevated privileges by typing cmd in the Start Menu, right-clicking on Command Prompt, and selecting “Run as administrator.” Accept the UAC prompt when it appears. Enter the following commands in the command prompt
It is recommended to restart BITS Services to correct the error of 0x80080008 in Windows
* Start the Run window and type”search” services.msc
* Enter * Enter.
* Search at an Intelligent Transfer System Background and double-click to display the properties.
* If you are in the state of Stopped, Click on the start button.
- Select from the Restart tab and specify the first failure and second Failure to Restart the service.
- Check the change check for changes.
Change the settings of your services to fix Error 0x80080008 Windows.
following commands in command prompt
- Use the Windows Key + R and type the msconfig command. Then select “OK,” or enter.
- Go to the services tab and select to hide the all Microsoft Services box. After that, click to disable all and then click apply.
- Go to the Startup tab and then choose Open Task Manager.
- Delete all Startup programs, one at a time.
- Restart the computer.
Repair your Errors Automatically
Socialgiftclub.com team is working to assist users in finding the most efficient solutions for removing their error 0x80080008 problems. If you do not want to work with manual repair techniques, make use of the automated software. The recommended products have been thoroughly tested and have been approved by experts. Tools you can use to rectify your issue are listed below: