The error message: Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration. It takes place on your Windows computer because it could not obtain a valid IP address from your DHCP server, for example, button, modem or wireless router.
By default, your network connection will get details, like subnet mask, default gateway or DNS server, IP address instantly.
Nevertheless, your Ethernet connection cannot get all the vital details as I mentioned above due to some unknown factors.
- 1 “Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration” error.
- 2 Restart your system
- 3 Clean up all cached information on the network causing invalid IP configuration
- 4 Restart your router
- 5 Manually configure TCP/IP settings
- 6 In this step, there are two cases
- 7 Reset the Winsock
- 8 Reinstall the driver for your Ethernet network adapter
“Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration” error.
Your computer system needs a valid IP address before it can interact with your router and the web. If it doesn’t, you won’t be able to access your emails, social media sites, online streaming solutions, or the like.
This error typically develops when your Network User Interface (NIC) card has a problem, faults, is dated, or doesn’t intend to play ball. Fortunately, there are many easy fixes available:
- Restart your system
- Reset your network adapter
- Restart your router
- Run the network adapter troubleshooter
- Reset Winsock
- Reinstall or update your network card vehicle driver
Restart your system
The first and easiest way to fix an empty Ethernet arrangement is to restart your system. A system reactivation has the advantage of resetting each of your incoming and outgoing links. Although “turn it on and turn it back on” seems like an old-fashioned option, the number of problems it can fix is fantastic.
Clean up all cached information on the network causing invalid IP configuration
You can try cleaning all cached network documents on your computer system if resetting the Winsock and TCP/IP method could not help fix this annoying problem on your computer. To do this, run the compliant commands in the command prompt the same way I recommended in technique number 1.
- After that, restart your computer system and check again whether the web connection is back to normal or not.
Restart your router
Resetting your router can resolve web connection issues, similar to restarting your computer. In terms of “Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration error”, re-enabling gives your router the chance to configure a brand new IP address for your computer.
Your router may have a power switch, generally located on the back of the tool. You can turn off the power switch, leave it for a few seconds, then turn it back on. If your router doesn’t have a power switch, you can disable the outlet at the outlet (or eliminate the outlet if your power outlet doesn’t have a button).
Remember to allow a few seconds between powering off and powering the router back on. These seconds allow the router’s IP configuration to reset, resolving the invalid IP configuration error.
Manually configure TCP/IP settings
If resetting TCP/IP did not resolve this issue on your computer system, you can manually set these settings.
- First, right-click on the network connection icon in your taskbar and select the Open Network alternative and Sharing Center.
- Next, click on the Ethernet network adapter you are currently using.
- In the next step, click on the Features button.
- Next, choose the Internet Method Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) alternative and double-click it. If you use IPv6, choose Web Method Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) instead.
In this step, there are two cases
If you have indeed configured a fixed IP address in addition to various other details, and you cannot access the Net. As a result, your computer system reveals that Ethernet has no configuration error message valid IP, so you need to fall back to the automated configuration technique.
Suppose you haven’t established anything and left everything as default. In that case, you can try to configure these configurations with the static information, including LAN IP address, subnet mask, default portal and server DNS.
- IP address: 192.168.1.112.
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0.
- Default gateway: 192.168.1.1.
- DNS web server: 184.108.40.206 as well as 220.127.116.11.
- In these details, there are two choices you need to remember your IP address and the default entry.
Default login: This is your router’s IP address or modem, depending on where the DHCP web server is running and where your Ethernet cable is connected.
IP address: You can set any IP address you want, but it must follow this type, which matches your default gateway address. For example, if your default portal address is 192.168.11.1, your IP address should be 192.168.11. xxx. The [xxx] is any number between 2 and 255 but should not be the same IP address used by other gadgets, as this will cause an IP conflict problem.
After filling in all the essential information, click the “OKAY” switch to keep the changes, then restart your computer. Then inspect again to see if your web link is back or not.
Inspect your Ethernet cable and also restart your modem or wireless router.
The first step is to recheck the Ethernet cord you are using to connect your computer to the modem or wireless router.
In some cases, a damaged Ethernet cable can lead to interruptions in your Net link and create this frustrating error. Therefore, changing your wire would be a wise option if you think your wire has been damaged.
Additionally, it would help to restart your modem or wireless router. These devices are unstable and need to be reactivated to refresh everything in a few cases. According to many users, after restarting their modem/router, the issue went away, and their web connection is back.
Reset the Winsock
The Winsock (Windows Sockets) is a central part of Windows that handles incoming and outgoing data requests for programs using the Internet. The Winsock supports the administration of your Internet link and the software that wants to use it.
You can use a few commands besides resetting Winsock that also helps to reconfigure your Ethernet IP address.
Type command prompt in your Begin Food selection search bar, choose the best costume, then run as manager. Currently, enter the following commands one at a time, pressing Enter after each entry:
- nbtstat — R.
- netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt.
- netsh Winsock reset.
After entering the last command and seeing a compelling completion message, you should reactivate your computer.
Reinstall the driver for your Ethernet network adapter
Suppose all the above methods cannot help you deal with the error “Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration error on your Windows computer”. In that case, it could be a problem with your Ethernet network adapter driver.
You need to reinstall it or upgrade it to the latest version in this situation. Sometimes your network card cannot work correctly with an incompatible or damaged motorist, undoubtedly creating many critical errors, including this set.
- To reinstall the driver or update the network adapter, press Windows + X and select the Tool Supervisor option from the pop-up food selection.
- Locate your Ethernet network adapter in the list of gadgets, then right-click on it and choose the “Update Chauffeur Software…” option.
- In the following action, you have the choice between two possibilities:
- Instantly search for an updated software application for motorists.
- Surf my computer for vehicle driver software.
- Choose the option you intend to use, then update the vehicle driver for your Ethernet network adapter.
- In addition, you can also uninstall your network adapter driver, go to the provider’s website to download and install the latest version of the motorist, and then install it again.
- This is usually a problem on lower versions of the Windows operating system, especially Windows 7.
- Watch the video clip below on how to configure the Ethernet network driver to Windows 7.
Please feel free to acknowledge by dropping your comment below if you have any questions regarding Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration error or this description.