Many of you might have been through the pain of having your Verizon Message+ crashing just when you needed it most. Unfortunately, you may encounter this problem often. If you’re interested in knowing what to do to avoid Verizon Message Plus from crashing, you have come to the correct location.
What caused my Message to stop working?
Enter your home screen, then click on the Settings menu. Next, scroll down, and click on the Apps selection. After that, click on the Storage option. You will see two options on the top: Clear data or Clear cache.
What happened to the Message Plus app?
Verizon Message Plus
The application was revamped following the release of the version Android 8.0. Then, it was reinstated under the name Message+. If you own tablets, an android phone, or even a computer, it’s easy to transfer all of your messages through this application. Message Plus also works. The tablets are connected. You can send and take calls.
Let me explain the best way to handle issues like this: Verizon problems with Message Plus:
1. Restart Your Device
Sometimes, just restarting your device can solve the issue. Try this the next time you experience the Verizon messaging apps not working issue. A reboot is usually able to do the trick. If not you, there are other steps you could follow.
2. Update the Software
Most of the time, it is the case that the Verizon application and the firmware aren’t compatible. This could happen when you’ve recently upgraded your firmware. It could be due to the incompatibility between your Verizon app and the latest firmware. This issue can be resolved by determining whether there’s an update available for your app. If an update is available, you should follow the following steps to install it:
- Go to the Home Screen and swipe for the Apps screen. Then, tap Settings.
- Scroll down until you get to Software Update and tap.
- Click next to the Download update manually.
- If the system update is available, proceed by downloading and installing the update. You can do it by following the instructions on display.
3. Clear Cache and Data
Cleaning the cache, data, and cache from your Verizon app will also aid in overcoming the issue that causes Verizon Message + crashing. The reason for this is that damaged cache and data and improper settings can prevent your messaging app from working effectively. The only solution to this issue is to re-jig the Verizon message app, eliminating the cache and all the data within it. Here’s how you could try it:
- Access the tray of apps by tapping the Home screen.
- Select settings to open apps, and then go and locate Verizon Messenger and tap.
- Next, tap storage then taps Clear Cache, followed by tapping Clear Data and finally tapping OK.
4. Clean the Cache Partition
If you upgrade the device, you could end up destroying one or two caches. However, if you don’t take action about it, you might be in a position where your Verizon messaging application may fail to function correctly. What you must do to eliminate this issue is to take these steps:
- Then, switch off the device.
- Then make sure you hold and press both volume up key and Bixby (in cases of the Samsung gadget), then press then holding on the power button until you can see an Android logo.
- Then press the volume down button repeatedly until you can get your Android logo.
- Then, hold the volume key several times to show “wipe partition cache.”
- Then press the power button so that you can choose.
- The next step is to press the volume key to mark that yes. Then press the power key to make a choice.
- After the wiping process is complete, Reboot System Now appears.
- Then, hit the Power key to turn off your device.
5. Perform a Factory Reset
If the steps above do not seem to aid you, you might be forced to choose other than the factory reset process on your device. But, it would help if you remember this: a factory reset could result in the loss of all of the data and information stored on your device. Therefore, it makes sense to back up all your data before going to undergo a reset. Here’s how to perform an unintentional reset to bring back the functionality of your Verizon Message + app.
- The first step is to require you to open Settings on your device. The next step is to scroll down and then select to select the General Management selection.
- After that, you will be required to click on the Reset button.
- The process will result in other options being displayed on your screen, among which you’ll settle the Factory Data Reset.
- Next, you need to scroll down and read the display information. Following that, you must follow through and click on “Reset.
- It is possible to click your Delete All button finally and click it.
These simple fixes will help you get the Verizon Message Plus working again within a matter of minutes. However, the problem with mobile devices is that we tend to ignore them and do not take care of the minor aspects that allow them to function efficiently. Therefore, it is vital to periodically remove data from your device that takes up vast quantities of space. Also, be aware of the files you download onto your device because it’s possible that should you don’t guard your device correctly, you’ll end up with malware on your device.
The Verizon messaging application is a handy tool to stay in contact with your friends and is a breeze to use in the majority of cases. However, with technology that this is the case, users might occasionally find that the app stops working for no reason at all. Instead of becoming frustrated by this, try the suggestions above and see what happens to you.
These are do-it-yourself kinds of solutions that anyone can implement independently without needing to consult with an expert. In the majority of cases the case, either or both of these resolutions will solve the issue. With all that you have to accomplish ranges from playing on the settings to turn your device on and off, a resolution to your Verizon message and malfunctioning can be straightforward to identify. However, get help from a professional when none of the strategies discussed here can resolve the issue.
In the case of Android smartphones, users regularly encounter issues with messaging applications. For example, the “message is not responding” issue can create pain or even complications in various situations. However, we can address the issues with a straightforward method.